This 1972 URSUS C-335 Tractor is one of only three versions of this model imported into the island by the local agents Le Capplains of St. Peter. It was sold new to a Mr Vibert a St. Ouen Farmer.
The Polish town of Ursus has been connected with the farm equipment manufacturing industry since the Ursus Mechanical Works was established in 1893. Ursus Agripol tractors were first seen in the United Kingdom when The Maulden Engineering Co. Ltd. of Flitwick, Bedfordshire introduced the Ursus Agripol C-335 and C-350 to British Farmers in the mid-1960's.
The C-335 was powered by a 35 hp twin-cylinder diesel engine, transmission was via a six forward and two reverse gear transmission.